Monday, March 3, 2014

Izmir


The main item on my Christmas list was the Rowan Magazine 54.  The main reason for wanting Rowan 54 was to knit Izmir.  That said, I would knit anything out of this magazine, every pattern is gorgeous.  Unfortunately, the yarn used is mainly wool.  Fortunately, I have learned to substitute well.  I ordered Rowan Siena 4-ply from Jimmy Beans Wool and didn't even have to leave the house to get the yarn (which was helpful seeing that the polar vortex has seen fit to take up residence over my state).

Because Izmir is knit with Rowan Felted Tweed, (gorgeous stuff, makes my fingers go numb and gives me an asthma attack if I touch it) I had to make some color substitutions.

For Scree (165), I substituted with Frost (653), Avocado (161) has become Alpine (671), Duck Egg (173) which I REALLY would love to use seeing it's my favorite color, was swapped for Korma (677), Frozen (185) for Shrimp (682), Celadon (184) for Greengage (661), Damask (182) for Floret (658), Camel (157) for Pebble (684), Cinnamon (175) for Starry (679), and finally, Paisley (171) for Tandoori (676).

I can't wait to wear this!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment